Sunday, December 10, 2006

New York City and a New Discovery







As many of you know I was not in school cuz i was in NEW YORK CITY!!! on the way home i had the chance of sitting next to Ben Stein while waiting at a train station. I went to Wicked! was amazing. A++ Possibly better than Sweeney Todd. I also went to NBC studios but couldnt get a tour because it was booked for the day. I did get a Sunday Night Football T-shirt there as well as a Saturday Night Live Magnet. The city is all X-mas deckecd out and therefore the Empire State Building was lit up Green and Red at night. I could see it right next to my bedroom. I stayed at the Kitano HOtel, a Japanese Hotel which is coninsidental because it was 2 days after the Pearl Harbor anniversary and i got there the day of the John Lennon memorial (Yoko was Japenese) I also learned TIPPING SUCKS. everywhere you go it costs about 5 bucks extra for a tip. I also learned the world outside of Bow is in a new phase. Making fun of being jewish or knowing a jew and being obsessed w/ racism. This made me sad that so many people are obsessed w/ something that they shouldnt be obsessed with. Its just plain mean. I also foudn out that my great-great-great one thing or another was Jewish and therefore I am part jewish as well. So now i got 2 things going for me i had a sick weekend and found out some old family histroy. it was lost cuz evry1 hated jews in poland and they hid it up. The picture is the set of Wicked and what the curtain was like.




Peace Out.



4 comments:

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Sounds like a great trip. I have also been to NBC Studios, and am a fan of Ben Stein.

About Jew Haters...welcome to the Middle East! I'm here in Abu Dhabi, where everyone LOVES to hate Jews! Its one of the favorite things over here. Falconry, camel-riding, dancing in the rain, bossing around Indians, and hatin' Jews! In fact, one of the reasons Borat was banned over here was "mention of Jews."

I'm glad you finally made a ligitimate post. I can now update your link on my list.

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

"More of an ancient thing..."

Well, I certainly hope not, considering that Islam wasn't around untill about 700 years after Judea was destroyed. It then became Muslim Palestine, which lasted until the 1960s...when the "Isreali" government kicked all the Palestinians out of their homes.

Sure they've been the victims of poor leadership, but Palestine is no more "terrorist" than Israel. If anything, Israel are the terrorists, invading Lebanon and killing civilians, bombing and killing Palestinians every day. No wonder the Muslims aren't fond of the Israeli regime.

As for your other questions, UAE is obviously Sunni. The Shi'a make about 10% of Muslims, and every single Arab state has a Sunni government. The only country dominated by the Shi'a is Iran, which explains why Mahmoud Ahminejad is planning to destroy all the Arabs. Bahrain actually has a Shi'a majority, but the government is Sunni. Iraq also has an important Shi'a minority. But all Arabs are Sunnis, and you're average Muslim is a Sunni. If you met a Muslim in the US, he'd be a Sunni. Shi'a are usually (pardon me) a trad more extreme.

I just did a project on this.

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Give me your e-mail so we can discuss this topic in more depth.

Michard said...

Sweeney Todddd.
-Michard